Friday, January 30, 2009

Brutus has a home!

Brutus went home to his forever family last weekend. I haven't had a chance to post an update here until now due to the busy-ness of life! :) He went home with a family with teenage children living in the house and no other dogs or cats. From an update, he is doing really well and enjoys taking his toys out of his basket and hiding his bones and they really really love him and think he is great! I am so happy for him that he found the perfect home for him! He really deserved it. It also makes it easier to say goodbye though it was very hard.

I know we had our ups and downs and that mostly was because I let little things overwhelm me :) Once I put things in perspective, things got easier and a lot better. Then brutus and our family got along together just fine. And once I relaxed more, so did he :) And the day he went home was a happy and sad one for me. I was happy that he found the home he deserved but sad that he wasn't with us anymore. Its quiet here... it still is. But this was his temporary home and now he is in his forever home. That is worth all the "sadness" about him leaving! Because now I can foster again for another pup that needs to find his forever home. I am really excited to be helping out dogs in need of homes.

And I can't say enough good things about Cares4pets Rescue. They were really helpful throughout my whole fostering experience and were very patient with all my calls and emails with questions or concerns. I look forward to fostering for them for a very long time and help as many dogs as I can to find their forever homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment